Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
2 Atlantic Ave
Marblehead, MA 01945
- SRES, ASP
As a lifelong resident of Marblehead, I have a strong understanding of the town and its subtle neighborhood distinctions. I've personally bought, sold and built multiple houses here, and understand how stressful, yet rewarding these transactions can be. I strive to provide clear communication, quick response time, and skillful negotiation, all on a solid ethical foundation. My background as a commercial appraiser helps me understand what creates "value" and how to achieve it in selling your property. I also recognize when listings are effectively priced, thereby ensuring you get the maximum home for your dollar as a buyer. Ultimately, my goal is your satisfaction.
Certified Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
As a Certified Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES), I'm aware of the financial and emotional challenges seniors face when they sell a long-held family home. I also recognize that in many cases, it's a seniors' adult children who take the reigns. I understand the peaks and pitfalls of selling a family home, from both perspectives, and have written a guide to help seniors more fully understand the process. The guide offers insights into working with a financial planner, understanding a CMA report, selecting an effective Realtor, and protecting assets from Medicaid. I can create a customized approach to marketing and selling a family home and also assist families in exploring "next move" housing options. As an SRES, I have certain knowledge about everything from reverse mortgages and the importance of universal design, to the uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions. I also work closely with a team of local professionals to ensure my clients obtain reliable information about these complicated issues. My network also includes movers, contractors, cleaners and other service providers to soften an often difficult transition.
- Licensed Commercial Real Estate Appraiser for 15 years
- FCSN trained
- Special Education Advocate
- Volunteer Legal Advocate for HAWC
- Trained Mediator - MWI Boston
- Mother and Stepmother of 5 grown children!
Education and Licensing
- Licensed Mass Real Estate Salesperson
- Member MLSPIN
- Member National Association of Realtors
- Member of Greater Boston Association of Realtors
- Member of Massachusetts Association of Realtors
- Appraisal Institute - General Real Estate Appraiser (expired)
- Trained Mediator - MWI ,Boston
- BS, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Marblehead High School Graduate
Communities I Serve
Marblehead, Swampscott, Salem
- Emily Gaffney far exceeded expectations in selling my home of many years in Marblehead. She was focused, extremely organized, creative and calm. These characteristics were greatly appreciated as I was trying to manage the sale while living in Vermont. I trusted her judgement 100% and as a result we completed the transaction seamlessly. We have bought and sold a number of homes over the years and I can easily say working with Emily was the most positive experience we've ever had. Lexi C.
- I was blessed to have Emily be the person behind the desk when I walked into the office that Saturday afternoon. Her professionalism was outstanding. She had great suggestions on showing the house and made sure the uniqueness of my moms house stood out. I would highly recommend her to anyone selling or buying a home! Coldwell Banker is lucky to have her on their staff. A job well done by Emily. BJ S.
- Emily was on top of every aspect of the sale. I was thrilled with her efforts and resources. Emily did an outstanding job staging the condominium and in marketing the unit. Ellen P.
- My husband and I both felt Emily went above and beyond for us. She seemed to always be available or let us know when she had another commitment. She put in enormous effort helping us to sort out an offer on a property that did not work out and then reached out to pursue the property we did buy when it looked as if it was off the market. Always upbeat and extremely knowledgeable, we would highly recommend Emily. Theresa K.
- Emily treated us like family. So so grateful!! Jennifer and Michael C.
- She was knowledgeable about Marblehead, helped us immensely as we were relocating across country and made the process seamless. She was always available for questions and was our eyes and ears during the various stages (home inspection etc.) Michael P.